When couples talk, there often comes a moment when all of a sudden there is a pin drop silence. Everything just seems to have stopped.
You might be surprised to know when this happens but the fact of the matter is that it happens many times.
It is just that some people notice, while others don’t.
Even long lasting relationships, highly committed and married couples often face the problem of not knowing what to talk about with their spouse.
And as hard as it is to believe this, it isn’t at all good for any relationship.
It can make any healthy relationship go dry and make each person feel bored or neglected even in the presence of each other, etc.
Based on experience, many grown-ups and happily married couples would tell you that even after spending a whole lifetime with each other wasn’t enough to know and understand everything about each other.
So given this experience, no matter how long you have been in a relationship every new conversation should seem different as there is so much to talk and dig about.
In fact, every new conversation should seem like the first time that you are trying to get someone to open up about something that the other person has so far been unaware of.
So how come these conversational impediments arise in the first place.
We believe that it has something to do with couples limiting themselves to not discuss a few things with each other.
Or it can also be due to not being intellectually rich enough to think and experiment at asking things beyond a certain scope.
If you happen to be one such couple facing such challenging times in your relationship, then you have landed on the right article just in time.
We have compiled a list of 120 fun and romantic questions for couples to ask each other and build their relationship stronger and fresh.
List of 120 romantic, fun and crazy type questions that couples could ask each other
As most articles suggest, we do not recommend going out on a date night specifically to ask any of these questions from your spouse.
But if you happen to become short of discussion topics on your date night, do not hesitate to take this opportunity and dive deep into the other person with our questions.
It could be anytime. Whether it is breakfast, lunch, evening tea, dinner or even a date; it doesn’t matter.
It could literally be any time that you two consider as a ‘we’ time.
So let’s begin.
- Would you still want to be together as a couple if you got to live another life in this world?
- Would you want to live together forever?
- What were your thoughts when you saw each other for the first time?
- Do you look beautiful without makeup?
- What is more important, me or your smartphone?
- What is that one quality that makes you different?
- Is there anything special that you would want to recommend others to look for in their spouses?
- Do you feel like being complete by having each other in your life or do you still wish for something else in your life?
- What are your thoughts when you see each other in certain attire or act?
- Would you want to start a family together?
- How many kids would you want to have and what gender?
- What names or kind of names would you suggest for your kids?
- Do you wish your birthday or your child’s birthday to coincide with any popular date?
- What careers would you want your kids to pursue?
- What qualities from each other’s personality would you want your kids to inherit such as sense of humor, IQ level, etc.?
- What physical attributes would you want your kids to inherit and from which one of you, like your hair, eyes, height, etc.?
- Do you ever wish to change your career and switch to something better, more satisfying or less stressful?
- Are you satisfied with your current lifestyle and how much you earn or make?
- If you hit a jackpot, what is the first thing that you would want to change within you or your spouse or in your surroundings?
- If you hit a jackpot, what is the most expensive thing that you would want to buy?
- If you hit a jackpot, how much do you think you would be willing to give away in charity?
- What are the ten most expensive things that you would want to own?
- If you get to be the prime minister or president of your own country, do you think you would ever be able to justify the position?
- Do you prefer having more enemies or friends?
- What is that one purpose in life that you would want to achieve before you die?
- What is that one ordinary thing that irritates or bothers you most?
- What is that single thing that you love but the other person hates?
- Where would you plan to spend the rest of your life?
- What would be your honeymoon destination?
- What is that one thing that you would want to give up to remain together as a couple for the rest of your life?
- Is there anything more important than the other person?
- Can money buy everything?
- Does money make you happy or the other person?
- Would you want to be the last two persons to survive a major catastrophic event which kills every other person?
- Would you be willing to die for the other person?
- Would you be willing to risk your life or any other precious thing for the sake of the other person?
- Would you be able to survive happily if the other person dies?
- How long and how far could you live from each other?
- How often would you call or text each other if you had been in a long distance relationship?
- Would you marry someone else if one of you left or died?
- What would you be willing to do to make the other person stay in your relationship?
- Do you wish you would have met earlier?
- Would you want to live the rest of your life together being isolated on an island?
- On a scale of one to ten, how romantic is your relationship?
- Do you aspire your relationship to be like someone else’s?
- Which of your parents do you resemble most and how?
- Which of your siblings do you resemble most and how?
- What is that one movie or episode season you could spend an entire weekend or vacation watching it with each other?
- Who do you aspire to become?
- What is the meaning of being successful to you?
- Do you count each other as a blessing or an accomplishment?
- Do you think that you as a couple could inspire someone?
- If you get to pick a nickname for each other, what would that be?
- If you get to name your couple, what would that be?
- What is that one thing that you would want the other person to change?
- What is that one thing that you would want to copy from the other person?
- What animal would you want to have as a pet and what would you name it?
- Do you wish you had been born a few decades or centuries before or after?
- How do you define an ideal day?
- Do you believe in supernatural existence?
- Have you ever encountered or know someone to have encountered with any such thing as a supernatural being?
- Do you get scared of dark places?
- What do you prefer, standing under a shower or soaking in a bathtub and why?
- What is your favorite style of dressing, casual, semi-casual or formal and why?
- What do you prefer wearing, glasses or contact lenses and why?
- Do you think men need makeup as well to look as beautiful and attractive as women?
- What do you prefer, long hair or short and why?
- How do you define being an optimist, pessimist or a realist?
- What new language would you want to learn other than those you already know and why?
- Where would you like to spend your retirement years and how?
- Do you believe in getting retired early or late and why?
- Could you spend an entire day without your smartphone or anything else and how?
- Which is your favorite place to watch a movie; cinema, home theatre or simply your large size television screen and why?
- Do you like cooking or eating or both and why?
- If you get to eat something for free for a day, what would it be and why? Would like to share it with others as well?
- If you get to have a once in a lifetime kind of an opportunity, what would it be and why?
- If you get to marry a celebrity crush, who would it be and why?
- What would you say to your most favorite person or an inspirational personality, if you get a chance to meet or spend some time with them and why?
- What were you thinking just a minute before?
- What is the strangest experience that you have ever had in your life?
- What was your biggest dream as a child?
- What is the most funny or weird thing that happened in your childhood?
- What is the most weird or funny myth that you highly believed in as a child but which turned out to be totally opposite? What made you believe in it in the first place and how did you find out the truth?
- What is that one hobby that you would want to replace or pursue next?
- What are you currently obsessed with?
- What kind of things do you mostly feel uncomfortable in sharing with other people and me as well and why?
- What is your most favorite thing to do on a weekend and why?
- Are you a proactive person or a reactive one and why?
- Has being a proactive person saved you from some sort of huge trouble? Or being a reactive person caused you an otherwise avoidable disaster?
- What is your instant turn on thing and why?
- What makes you happy easily and why?
- What easily makes you angry and why?
- What things make you sad and why?
- What kind of things don’t bother you at all?
- What kind of things make you curious and why?
- What accomplishment are you proud of?
- Where would you like to see yourself after ten years?
- Do you like to live in the present moment or wonder about your past and the future?
- Do you have any past regrets that you would like to go back and change?
- What is that one thing about your future that you would not want to worry about?
- Do you like to keep things modest or exaggerated?
- What is that one thing that you could talk about being non-stop for hours and hours?
- Do you see others as your competitor or do you believe in beating your own past performance?
- What is the most important lifetime lesson that you have learned so far and that helps you every time?
- How do you react when someone plays a prank on you?
- What is the funniest prank that someone has ever played on you?
- Have you ever been locked in a toilet at some public place or at school, college, etc.?
- What is the funniest thing that you have ever done or heard of and just the thought of which makes you laugh on your own even when you are among other people?
- What do you think made me fall in love with you?
- What is your most favorite desire to do while spending your time with me?
- What is that one thing that makes you respect the other person from the core of your heart?
- Do you believe in experiencing yourself or learning from other people’s mistakes and experiences?
- What is your favorite book to read?
- How much are you willing to adjust or change according to other people’s opinion?
- To what extent do you think you are independent?
- What do you consider as a breach of your personal boundary or interference in your personal matters?
- Do you love keeping old pictures and stuff?
- Are you a social media crazy type of a person that likes to share everything with other people?
- What is that one place that you would like to visit with your parents and siblings?
- What are your criteria for selecting your friends or how do you define a friend?
Things to remember when asking the other person any fun and romantic question
Alright, we understand that you now know a couple of good, fun and romantic things to ask from your spouse but wait.
Read the following brief guidelines first.
- Always take it slow. Do not get too excited or lose interest if the other person doesn’t respond in the manner that you were expecting.
- Select a few best questions to start with. Do not make it seem like an interrogation or a quiz show.
- It is advisable to not use more than 4 or 5 questions at a time. Keep the rest for some other time.
- Give each other as much space as wanted. Do not hurry or ask for instant answers as if it were a rapid fire question round in some game show.
- Give others enough time to think before answering. Being patient can help the other person open up easily.
- If the other person refuses to answer any particular question, respect their decision. Move on and do not keep sticking to it.
- Always keep a look on how the other person reacted while answering.
- Even if they disclose something that they haven’t talked about before but they felt uncomfortable doing it, remember this.
- Do not try to remind them about such uncomfortable situations in the future, not even for the sake of comforting them.
Remember a few things in life cannot be concluded easily and this list is one such thing.
But this list isn’t just about 120 fun and romantic questions for couples to ask each other.
Whatever questions you select, do not forget to add a how, what, why, where, when and who with it to make things spice up by 6x times.