The data you store on your hard drive might not be so safe. At times you might lose it accidentally. Hence, you will need to find the best software for hard drive recovery.
This post discusses the best recovery software for Mac and Windows. There are numerous hard drive recovery tools available on the market today.
Most of the programs are reliable, but you must be vigilant enough to choose the best software. The software will help you recover the data you lost on damaged, corrupted, and formatted disks.
10 Best Hard Drive Recovery Software
This recovery tool is suitable for both Mac and Windows. It among the best tools that are available on the market right now.
It can help you recover an array of files, including DBX files, Outlook PST, PDF & PPT, DOC, Excel, music, and video.
You can restore that data you lost on your hard disk. It is also suitable for recovering data lost from an empty recycle bin. The software works for storage media such as SD memory cards and USB drives.
It works for recovering data you lost due to files system errors, corrupted, damaged, and data you deleted accidentally. The device works for all devices such as APFS, HFS+, NTFS, and FAT32/16.
- It can work with an array of files.
- The data recovery tool works well for USB and Memory Cards.
- It can work with all data storage devices.
- It does not work well on large files.
- The program is very costly.
- Essential – $59.95
- Standard – $69.95
- Advanced – $79.95
This software works best for Windows devices and comes with a free hard drive data recovery tool. It is a product from the CCleaner, and it works aptly for most devices, including NTFS, HFS+, and APFS.
The software will help you recover the files you lost on storage media like an SD cards, USB flash disks, and hard drives. The tool will allow you to easily recover data that you lost on a formatted or damaged disk.
- It supports XP versions such as 64-bit & 32-bit, Vista, Windows 10, 8.1, and 7.
- The software offers the quick start wizard option to help you recover files quickly.
- It enables you to delete all traces of the files you deleted permanently.
- The program offers a deep scan feature that allows you to locate files easily.
- It comes with numerous language options and works well with modern Windows devices.
- The software will enable you to recover items such as images, music, videos, documents, and emails.
- It can retrieve files from computers, iPods, and USB drive camera.
The installer can add other unwanted programs to your computer.
It has a somewhat complicated interface.
- Professional – $19.95
This program works with both Mac devices and Windows PCs. It is one of the most professional hard drive recovery tools that are available on the market now.
The software can help you recover all files like audio, videos, photos, emails, and document files. It is suitable for recovering data from both corrupted and formatted disks.
You can also recover the data you lost or deleted accidentally using this software. It works well with file systems such as NTFS, ex-FAT, FAT, and other partitions.
- The software can support quality scanning for hard drives with space greater than 2TB.
- It can scan Windows to locate deleted or lost data.
- The program supports the recovery of data on XP, Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista.
- It also works well for devices such as Memory Cards, SSD, Flash Drives, and USB Drives.
- The software will allow you to preview files before recovery.
- It can enable you to recover crucial data from DVDs and CDs.
- The software can retrieve lost partitions and deleted emails.
- It is ideal for recovering photos, audios, and videos.
- The software can recover lost data from your damaged media.
- It features a lifetime updates that are distracting.
- The software is expensive.
- Professional – $79/99
- Premium – $99.99
- Technician – $199
This software is a free data recovery tool that is suitable for Windows devices. It works well for recovering lost, formatted, and deleted data.
Wise Data Recovery will enable you to retrieve data from storage media such as mobile phones, digital cameras, SD memory cards, USB flash drives, external hard drives, and internal hard drives.
It is only compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS. It will enable you to recover data from NTFS, ex-FAT, and FAT disks.
- The software is suitable for Windows 7,8, 8.1, 10, Vista, XP, and 2000.
- It is suitable for various file formats and can recover archives, music, videos, photos, emails, and documents.
- The program can support a hard disk that features a space of up to 8 TB.
- Its quick scan feature can recover recycle bin deleted data or lost files.
- The software is compatible with storage devices like flash drives, USB drives, memory cards, and hard drives.
- It will enable you to preview and access the data before you initiate recovery.
- The software features the deep scan option that will enable you to retrieve formatted or lost data.
- The preview data option is unreliable.
- It is costly.
- Pro – $44.96 per month
- Pro – $67.46 per year
5. Disk Drill
Disk Drill will enable you to scan and restore data from devices such as SD Memory Card, USB flash drive, Digital Cameras, external hard drives, and internal Macintosh hard drives.
This tool will work well for both Mac and Windows devices. It is suitable for recovering data in Mac Operating System X. The software can help you to retrieve all deleted files no matter the cause.
- The software can support data recovery for e-readers.
- It is suitable for various file types, including videos, music, graphics, photos, documents, and raw camera.
- The program offers all recovery options, such as a quick scan and deep scan.
- It will enable you to make better use of the available data space freely.
- The software can protect your hard drive from data overwriting during the scanning process.
- It works well for file systems such as EXT4, FAT, HFS+, HFS, and NTFS.
- The program will allow you to access free scanning and previewing of the files.
- It comes with protection features like guaranteed recovery, SMART monitoring, and a recovery vault.
- It only works on 500GB or smaller hard drives.
- The software does not show the progress.
- Free Version
- Pro – $89.0
- Enterprise – $499.00
This tool is a free hard drive files recovery tool that works well for Mac Operating System. It can help you restore any lost files or data from various storage devices, but it works best on Mac computers.
- It comes with a beautiful and simple interface that is attractive.
- The software will enable you to recover lost data on your hard drive reliably and safely.
- It features the Undelete recovery option to restore data that you lost accidentally from your Mac storage devices.
- The software comes with four modules that allow any Mac device to retrieve data to its hard drive.
- It is suitable for Mac since it works quickly.
- The software will enable you to preview data or files before you can retrieve it.
- It works well with most data storage devices.
It fails to recover data on some devices.
The TestDisk hard drive data retrieval software is among the most professional software available on the market today.
It is open-source software that will allow you to enjoy a free license by the General Public License (GNU) terms.
The program will enable you to restore any lost partitions and easily reboot from a non-booting disk drive option. It is suitable when your device gets a virus attack or deletes a partition table.
- The software works well for operating systems such as MacOS x, SunOS, OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD, Linux, Windows, and DOS.
- It is suitable for copy files such as ext2/3/4, NTFS, and FAT.
- The program can locate ext2/3/4 backup.
- It features the MFT mirror option that enables it to fix MFT.
- The software will enable you to rebuild the boot sector and recover lost NTFS partitions.
- The user interface is complicated for beginners.
- It offers no graphical interface.
This program has received great feedback from hundreds of users from around the globe. The experience with the features of the recovery tool is somewhat positive.
It is a tested hard drive data recovery tool that works with both Mac and Windows. The developers of the program have made the procedure to use this software accessible and simple for users.
The software does not feature any complicated menus that come with multiple options or layers. Thus, even beginners will learn how to use the software easily.
You will first select the location to scan, for example, the USB flash or hard drive. Also, you can search through a specific folder like the Recycle Bin to complete the process quickly.
- It can make hard drive data recovery simple and accessible for everyone.
- The software will enable you to filter and sort your files.
- It features reliable hard drive data recovery performance.
- It does not display the scan time accurately.
- The software only offers a preview for files that are under 100 MB.
- It includes recoverable files as well as unrecoverable files.
- Free Version
- EaseUs Monthly – $69.95
- EaseUs Yearly – $99.95
- EaseUS Lifetime – $149.95
This program specializes in system fixes and data security for Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS. The tool will provide you with solutions for system repair, password recovery, data recovery, and device content management.
Tenorshare is a popular software right now, with over 10 million users worldwide. The company’s objective is not only to offer comfortable customer service but also to offer high-quality products.
They pay close attention to comments on their services, websites, and products. Thus, they frequently respond to users’ emails and tend to provide a solution all the time.
The reason to trust Tenorshare products is that they hire developers who have experience in self-development and core technology study.
- It is available for up to 160 countries.
- The software features continuous 24/7 customer care service.
- It is 100% secure and safe.
- The free version lacks several crucial features.
- It is relatively costly.
- Free Version
- Standard – $49.99
- Professional – $79.99
- Premium – $99.99
This program describes a comprehensive data recovery tool that focuses on serving experienced users. It features powerful algorithms and extensive options.
Unlike other tools for home users, this software is apt for professionals. It can work with popular partition layout schemes and file systems. The tool will work on deleted and damaged partitions.
It will enable you to run multiple recovery procedures at the same time. You can sort the data you recover based on parameters such as access time, modification time, creation time, and extensions.
The software will allow you to view files in the built-in hex and the preview feature works on numerous file types. The tool will also allow you to perform partial recovery.
- It features the disk sanitization option.
- It comes as a bootable ISO image.
- The software offers advanced features that are suitable for professionals.
- It does not offer a preview for some file formats.
- The software will not display the scanning progress.
- It is somewhat complicated for new users.
- Network – $179.99
- Studio – $79.99
- NTFS – $59.99
- FAT – $49.99
- Technician – $899
This program refers to a partition management and data recovery tool suitable for both home users and professionals. It offers the free version for trial before you can upgrade to the premium program.
The software will enable you to recover data in data loss situations such as OS crash, partition loss, RAW drive, formatting, and deletion. The user interface features three steps to complete the recovery.
You will select the partition, scan lost data, and preview files before you complete the process. It will enable you to recover data from Microsoft Virtual PC images, Virtual Box, and VMware.
- It offers the free version for trial.
- The software offers disk cloning features.
- It can virtualize Windows into a VMware machine.
- The program offers both partition management and data recovery.
- It does not feature the best user interface.
- Free Version
- Standard – $69.90
- Professional – $99.90
Choosing the Best Software for Data Recovery
It might not be easy to choose and purchase the best software for data recovery since there are many options.
In this part, you will learn the basics on how to check on crucial aspects such as seamless functionalities to choose the best tool.
The truth is that we are now living in the kind of world where we depend on computer devices to perform our vital chores.
You often store personal memories in the form of videos and photos or office & confidential files.
Unfortunately, unexpected events such as mistakes and accidents can make us lose our crucial data. This event is catastrophic and hurtful at times.
Therefore, you cannot ignore how valuable data recovery tools will become in the future. That is why there are lots of tools already available on the market.
In a case where you lose a file accidentally, the storage media does not lose its traces completely. Loss of data or deletion changes the system of the file, which is why the OS may not locate and access it.
Some crucial factors that you must consider when choosing the best software for hard drive data recovery include:
- A reliable data recovery tool must help you retrieve such lost data and make it accessible to you.The software must feature algorithms that enable it to work on complex systems, search all through the storage media to fetch formatted or deleted data from the MBR (Master Boot Record).If you choose a reliable software for data recovery from any trusted seller, you can locate and access all lost data available on the storage media.
- The software must salvage the files from inaccessible storage media, lost partitions, corrupted disks, or damaged hard drives.
- The tool must work for external and internal hard disks such as SD cards, DVDs, CDs, pen drives, USB flash, and computer drives.
- Also, the best software must recover data you lost due to various an accident. They include power outages, software corruption, logical damage of the system, virus infection, and accidental deletion.
- The software should enable you to recover lost data of all sorts, including spreadsheets, PowerPoints, emails, videos, audios, images, and documents.We ought to mention that you cannot recover that the system has overwritten.Therefore, you must ensure that you stop to use the problematic storage as soon as you discover the inaccessibility or data loss issue.
Yet, there are numerous options to pick from and different brands offering different price tags. Most of these price tags are affordable, and some tools are free.
It would be a good idea to shun free tools since they pose malware and virus risks. They also do not provide comprehensive data recovery.
- You must consider 100% secure software and ensure that you check on its minimum system requirements. You must choose requirements based on how much data you want to retrieve.
- Above all, ensure that you choose a tool that comes with splendid customer feedback and feature several years of experience.
Choosing the best software for data recovery will give you total control over the storage media. Hence, you can retrieve any data that you can find it complex to access.
However, the tool you opt to use must be affordable. In other words, check for the package of bother user efficiency, reliability and affordability.