Several times the users find it inappropriate to use an image with complete background details. It might be they don’t want to show the details of an image or because that extra part is a source of distraction for the reader.
Anyways, the perfect solution for a problem like this is in removing the background of the image. An image without a white background is better for focusing the attention of your readers.
How to select the best tools to do image background removal?
There is a wide variety of tools available on the internet for this task. They range from free to paid professional tools. Some of them are manual, while others are completely automated.
Choose the application that removes the image without pixelation on the edges
There are several applications that you can use to remove the background of an image. Some of these applications leave some stray pixels on the edges, while others give poor results when they have to deal with the hairs. So, it is best to go with a tool that doesn’t do this even if it requires manual work.
For the highest quality, you have to use a manual tool
It is seen that most automated tools don’t perform well on removing backgrounds from low-resolution images or from behind transparent things. Only manual tools give enough options to removing background from any image manually.
You have to aim for time efficiency as well
In the process of image background removing the manual application provide the best results, while automated application saves a lot of your time. Here you have to make a tough choice and go with that which offers you the best output and saves your time.
Top 10 Best Image Background Remover Tools to use in 2021
Adobe Photoshop is the best application to use for manual image background removal. It is robust and fast and offers a wide range of options for the end-users to choose from.
It takes some time to learn the software then it will be super easy to remove the background of any image regardless of its quality or position of a subject in the photo.
With manual background removal, comes a high degree of control over the result. You can get the best results from the images having a lot of hair in them or transparent objects.
Other automated tools cut the photo in parts and make images look very unprofessional. They are better for some pictures, but they are not for others.
There are other perks of using Adobe Photoshop. One is not limited to the background removal only. And you free to add logos and make other changes and adjustments to the image.
So, you are not limited to background removal. You can add other backgrounds as you like.
- Offers more functionality
- Accurate background removal
- Other perks of using Photoshop
- It consumes a lot of time
- It is not easy to learn
- It is paid
Around 1.5 Gb
- Subscription $59.99 a month with Creative Cloud
- Subscription $20.99 a month single application
It is an online/standalone background eraser. It is a paid tool, and users need a VIP account to use it, but you can use it online. It offers three modes to choose from that provide different types of image background removal.
These mods provide background removal from people, products, and labels or text. The mods offer specialize image background removal. The results are better than using simple software for background removal.
The software using artificial intelligence to recognize the details in the images as hair and gives a superb background removal result. If the output is not satisfactory, you always have the option to use a precise crop that will allow you quickly select the subject from the rest of the image.
Other than that, it offers you options to do some quick editing on the way adding backgrounds, colors, and text.
These options will save your time a lot, and you don’t have to go to another image editing software if you do the same here.
If you want to try this application, then there is a way too. Go to the App Store and give a five-star rating to their android application, then email it to them. They will award you with a one-month free VIP account to use.
- More functions
- Good for newbies
- Different mods for different types of photos
- Paid VIP account
- Unstable software sometimes it doesn’t work
Windows, Android, iOS, Web-Based
1.87Mb download size
- 1000 Images $0.3/image Total $59.95
- 300 Images $0.6/image Total $29.95
- 50 Images $1.5/image Total $12.95
- 20 Images $1.9/image Total $9.95
It is another online tool used for removing backgrounds. It has a unique approach to image background removal. It just needs a good latest browser to work.
It lets you upload photos and removes the background from them. Then it lets you make any adjustments you want to make with the image. You can use different tools to fine-tune the final image and everything updates in real-time.
It even lets you export a TIFF file format that you can use later in editing programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Gimp, or CorelDraw. Other than that, it also lets users make some important adjustments to the image on the go such as adding backgrounds and drop-shadows.
It is a subscription-based tool that gives users some credits to use. One credit means you can remove the background from one photo.
There is no trial version available for testing purposes, but it lets you do unlimited conversions without a subscription with a watermark on your photos. So, you can check the results.
- Super easy to use User Friendly
- Delicate mix of automatic and manual background removal
- All web means compatible with multiple platforms
- No mobile applications
- No desktop application
- No fixed price package
No installation needed
- Light 15 credits $1.99 per month, credits roll up to 75
- Standard 100 credits $3.99 per month, credits roll up to 500
- Pro 500 credits $9.99 per month, credits roll up to 2500
Note: Bulk clipping is only available in Standard and Pro packages.
It is simple image background removal software. It is a subscription-based software. But it gives users an option to use the software on a pay-to-use basis, which is good if you have to use the software frequently.
It is built for users who don’t want complex software with a steep learning curve. The process is simple just upload the photo you want to get the background removed, and it will be done in a few seconds.
It also supports bulk image background removal. However, you can only process images in sets of ten. And to do more than that, you have to upload set by set until everything is done.
As it is a simple software, it offers no after conversion adjustment to the image. However, if you are a business user and want special packages for your business, then they have packages for businesses as well.
- It simple and straightforward tool
- No experience required
- Pay as you go, payment model
- No after conversion editing tools
- No mobile applications
- Limited bulk processing 10 images
No installation needed
- Free 1 credit
- Subscription 15 credits/month – $12 ($0.80/image)
- Subscription 40 credits/month – $20 ($0.50/image)
- Subscription 200 credits/month – $75 ($0.38/image)
- Subscription 500 credits/month – $155 ($0.31/image)
- Subscription 1,200 credits/month – $295 ($0.25/image)
- Subscription 2,800 credits/month – $550 ($0.20/image)
- Subscription 5,000 credits/month – $ 850 ($0.17/image)
- Pay as you go 1 credit $2.75 ($2.75/image)
- Pay as you go 5 credits $ 10 ($2.00/image)
- Pay as you go 10 credits $ 15 ($1.50/image)
- Pay as you go 75 credits $ 70 ($0.93/image)
- Pay as you go 200 credits $ 155 ($0.78/image)
- Pay as you go 500 credits $ 275 ($0.55/image)
It is another good web app that you can use for removing the background and for a lot more tasks. It is a complete alternative to Adobe Photoshop, but it is online and works great.
It is not an automated background removal tool. Instead, it is more of a manual background removal tool. It could be a little tricky at the start since the workflow of this app is unique.
When you upload an image in the app, then it converts it into segments. You have the choice to remove the background by removing clusters of pixels, or you can use an eraser to erase those parts freehand.
After that, it takes you to the full workspace, where you can edit the image to add some text, effects animation, and many more things.
You can unlock access to all features by subscribing to their monthly plan. It is the best tool for advanced users looking for a web-based alternative to Photoshop.
- Diverse functions
- Free background removal without any watermark
- No bulk background removal
- A little difficult
No installation needed
- Free 0$ a month
- Paid 20$ a month
It is a popular image background remover tool with a variety of useful features. It offers some key features which differentiate it from the others.
You can use this software to quickly remove background from your photos without any hassle, and it also allows you to edit the image. However, its image editing is very limited, and it offers nothing more than a few background effects, wallpapers, and colors.
But it is a fast and easy to use application. It has applications available for popular platforms, and extensions are also available for programs like Adobe Photoshop and Figma design tool.
If you are a developer, you can also use their API to use their services or embed them in your application. To use it, you have the option to choose between subscription or pay-as-you-go plans. Both plans are priced reasonably.
- Web-based tool
- Extensions for popular CMS
- High compression of PNG and JPEG
- Paid tool (Free version limited to 20 images with 25Mb size limit)
- Only PNG and JPEG is supported
- Lossy compression
Web, Application for Windows, MacOS, Linux
Around 75Mb size for application
- Subscription 40 credits/month – $9 ($0.23/image)
- Subscription 200 credits/month – $39 ($0.20/image)
- Subscription 500 credits/month – $89 ($0.18/image)
- Subscription 1,200 credits/month – $189 ($0.16/image)
- Subscription 2,800 credits/month – $389 ($0.14/image)
- Subscription 5,000 credits/month – $589 ($0.12/image)
- Subscription 7,500 credits/month – $789 ($0.11/image)
It is a web-based image background remover. It is a paid tool, and you can use it on the web, or you can download the standalone application on your system to work offline.
It offers features that a user seeking to remove backgrounds need. It allows you to add a background, the interface of the application is user friendly, and a new user can quickly learn to use it.
For users who run e-commerce stores, there are pre-made templates they can use to customize the image for Amazon and other types of e-commerce stores.
One downside is that the automatic detection sometimes fails in areas where there is a similar background, for example, a white subject in front of a white background. The application doesn’t recognize that. It is a minor issue that could be mitigated with the help of in-built features.
- Desktop and mobile applications
- One-time fee and no reoccurring payments
- Easy to use tool
- Some minor problems with automatic detection
- No Android application
Web, Windows, macOS, iOS
- $29.99 Per License
The Background Burner is an amazing tool for image background removal. It has two versions; one is designed for the use of common consumers, while the professional version is designed for businesses.
This service is a little different from other tools mentioned here. With background burner, you can also get help from a professional graphics designer from the US. The designer will professionally process every product image thoroughly until it is perfect.
The turnaround time per photo is around one business day maximum. However, it doesn’t take that much time. If you fiddle around a little bit and touch up the image by yourself, then you will be done in a minute.
Furthermore, you can add watermarks, do color correction, and picture cropping. You can process images via their API integrated into your store or by the web tool or mobile apps. All processed images remain yours, and you can try this tool with ten free images before you think to purchase this tool.
- Expert reviewers
- Bespoke account setup
- Mixed workflow (automated/manual)
No installation needed
- Free 10 day/10 images
- Personal $9.95 Expert Reviewed/$5.95 Self reviewed per month
- Small Business $49.95 Expert Reviewed/$18.95 Self reviewed per month
- Professional $399.95 Expert Reviewed/$94.95 Self reviewed per month
- Personal $53.55 per year Self-reviewed
- Small Business $170.55 per year Self-reviewed
- Professional $854 per year Self-reviewed
It is a tool powered by artificial intelligence that removes the background of an image in seconds. It offers some unique features to the users.
If you need a monthly quota of image removal at a reasonable price, then this tool is for you. Other than that, it also offers a free photo editor. So, you can transform a newly edited image into a blog image or product image to use on your online store.
It is free for users who want to use it for non-commercial purposes and have images with resolution no more than 0.25 megapixels. And if you are an influencer, you can promote this app and get paid for it.
For business users, there are flexible packages that they can subscribe to, or they can use pay as you go plans. There API is also available that you can integrate on your website, and if you have unique needs, they are ready to customize their AI to suit your needs.
- Free for personal use
- Free Photo editor
- Flexible plans
- Limit of resolution on free background removal
- Addition costs for customizing the AI to your need
No installation required
- Subscription 40 images/month ($5.99/image)
- Subscription 200 images/month ($25.99/image)
- Subscription 500 images/month ($63.99/image)
- Subscription 1,200 images/month ($120.90/image)
- Subscription 5,000 images/month ($359.90/image)
- Subscription 7,500 images/month ($439.90/image)
- Subscription 10,000 images/month ($450.00/image)
- Subscription 15,000 images/month ($645.00/image)
- Subscription 25,000 images/month ($1,120.00/image)
- Subscription 50,000 images/month ($1,650.00/image
- Pay as you go 1 image – $1.89 ($1.89/image)
- Pay as you go 10 images – $8.99 ($0.90/image)
- Pay as you go 75 images – $45.99 ($0.61/image)
- Pay as you go 200 images – $95.99 ($0.48/image)
- Pay as you go 500 images – $189.99 ($0.38/image)
- Pay as you go 1,200 images – $379.00 ($0.32/image)
- Pay as you go 4,000 images – $799.00 (0.20/image)
- Pay as you go 8,000 images – $1,499.00 ($0.19/image)
It is a simple yet effective tool to remove the background from your photos. You have to upload the image, and within seconds you will get your image with any background.
With Slazzer, forget about monthly plans, pay once for the whole year with no extra or hidden charges. And the credit which you purchased will be yours even if you cancel the subscription.
For editing and touching up your photos, a premium photo editor is also available, and there are desktop applications available for popular platforms.
- Premium editor
- No monthly fees
- Credit never expires
- No pay as you go package
- No expert support
- No mobile apps
Web, Windows, macOS, and Linux
- 100 Credits $13
- 300 Credits $36
- 1000 Credits $110
- 1800 Credits $180
- 5000 Credits $399
- 10000 Credits $599
- 20000 Credits $999
- 50000 Credits $1999
Each software listed here comes with its unique pros that cannot be found in others. So, if you are a newbie who is looking for the best entry-level software, then I will recommend you to go with automated software such as remove.bg.
If you want something truly bespoke then using Adobe Photoshop is the best tool to learn and use as it gives you a ton of options too. Another good tool is Clipping Magic is the mid-skill tool that you can use.
These are some good tools, but if you are looking for something in budget or with some specific features then there is no way you shouldn’t test the other tools.