The importance of time management is something that is embedded into humans from the very beginning of your life.
And it does not matter which society, culture, region, country or religion you belong to, the importance of time management is always held in high prestige.
In fact, in some societies the way people manage their time and fulfill their commitments, in one way of defining how civilized and organized they are.
But as you grow and your responsibilities increase, there comes a time when managing time becomes a challenge on its own.
Then it often happens that despite the fact how well organized you might be or even if you live a workaholic lifestyle, time management does not remain a matter of setting priorities.
Rather, it transforms into a matter of choosing which priorities to perform first in a set of overlapping commitments all of which demand your full and urgent attention.
So it turns out that relying on your skills to manage your time might not be enough in today’s world.
But luckily today, you do have a suitable and reliable way to overcome this issue.
There are tons of smartphone applications and tools that consist of some of the best solutions and offer various ways to help people facing time management issues.
So whether you are a student, professional, athlete, doctor, lawyer, housewife, self-employed person or going through a work at home situation; there is sure to be a time management app that fits your needs.
In this article, we look at some of the 14 best time management apps and tools to manage your time in a more effective manner in 2021.
But before we do that, let’s quickly review the benefits of using time management software.
How time tracking apps benefit you?
Time management apps and tools offer a multitude of benefits to people belonging to diverse backgrounds. Such as –
- You exactly get to know how many hours of your day you sleep and how many are active hours.
- Based on the number of hours you spent daily in sleeping and while being active, you know if there is a consistent flow of pattern or not.
- You know the time allocation of your active hours based on what you planned, what you achieved and in how much time.
- You get to analyze the relationship between the amounts of time spent on a job vs the benefit derived.
- Based on your current performance, you look for ways to improve your efficiency and effectiveness at using your time.
- If you are a private contractor or a freelancer, using time management apps can help you in providing accurate estimates regarding time needed for project delivery and your billing with respect to time spent.
- Helps to avoid any conflict that may arise due to mistakenly making simultaneous commitments for any specific time.
14 Best time management apps and tools to manage your time in 2021
Since there are a ton of time management apps and tools, selecting between the right one can be difficult especially if you haven’t tried any such app before.
Therefore, we have briefly summarized some of the 14 best time management apps and tools for time management for you to easily select from.
Have a look.
1. Remember the Milk
To begin with, Remember the Milk app can be the best to transfer your worries of remembering your tasks into the apps to-do lists.
Create tasks and sub-tasks and categorize them in a simple manner or by adding tags.
- Web (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge)
- Mac OS
- Windows OS
- Linux OS
- BlackBerry 10
- Android Tablet
- Amazon Fire
- Apple Watch
- Microsoft Outlook MilkSync App
- Free to sign up, Pro version upgrade at $39.99 per year
- Easily share your lists with your team and staff
- Very rare to find these many platform support by a single app
- Sync your data across multiple devices
- Attach files and enable reminders from multiple platforms
- Annual billing plan might not be feasible for some prospective users
2. BeeBole Timesheet
If you have a small team or run a small or medium sized enterprise or a company, then BeeBole is what you need.
The app offers a bunch of advanced and detailed features like time tracking on a daily, weekly or monthly level, timesheet integration with billing software and ERP, automated reminders, team and project based budgeting and real time monitoring, etc.
Free 30 days trial, €5.99 Per Person Per Month
- Real time and multiple time format tracking
- Integration with Google Suite, your ERP and your billing software
- Can be used offline with maximum functions
- News users might find the app hard to learn and accommodate partly for the click and drop function
3. My Hours
A superb and flexible app that offers a multitude of features that starts with a free plan.
Bill your clients, know your profit for each project, track time for each task and project, keep a check on attendance, build beautiful reports and do much more all from a single app.
Free, Pro version starts at $6 per month
- Manage unlimited teams and projects with the free version as well.
- Easy coordination options for teams and projects
- Free version offers very limited options
With TMetric app, any business can easily track time and generate automatic reports through your browser extensions, monitor employee performance, make invoices and send them directly to your client.
- Web (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari)
- Windows OS
- Mac OS
Free, Professional at $3.95 per month, Business at $5.53 per month
- Gives the flexibility of tracking time for multiple clients
- Perfect time tracking solution for freelancers
- Free version offers enough options for new startups and businesses
- Some users might find the desktop application a bit complicated
- Time adding features can be confusing at times.
If you love plantations, you will definitely like this app.
The app works on the simple principle of planting a tree. Whenever you plan a task, start it by planting a virtual tree in the app.
The tree grows while you stay focused on your work. If you leave in between, the tree dies. Now it is upon you to start completing multiple tasks and grow a virtual forest with healthy trees or just dead plantations.
Free, $1.99 per month
- Very useful at reducing your smartphone addiction
- Eliminates distractions and increases your productivity
- App supports the initiative of planting trees in real life by partnering with tree plantation and growth organizations
- Some users complain of losing their progress due to revised categorizing of some features from free version to pro version.
6. Rescue Time
It is not very surprising that many people spent a significant portion of their daily time in useless online activities.
So if you are worried about facing this issue and would like to know how much time you spent online accounts for your productive work, the Rescue Time app can help you analyze it.
- Free, $6 per month
- Simple to use interface
- Provides detailed analysis of your time spent in online activities
- Helps in reallocating your time to the most beneficial tasks
- Interface is simple but not very appealing in terms of being attractive
- Can be difficult to configure and use based on the change in platform
7. Focus Booster
If you often complain about not having enough time in a day to complete all that you had planned in the beginning, then Focus Booster time management app can help you.
This app helps in speeding your work performance pace and achieving more each day.
Free, Individual Plan at $2.99 per month, Professional Plan at $4.99 per month
- Helps you do more in a single day
- Understand your working cycles better and learn ways to improve your performance
- Only available for desktop PCs
If your usual day involves too many meetings and organizing events, then there is no better app than Pathable to accompany you throughout your day.
The app offers everything from setting agendas, scheduling meetings, planning events as well as keeping all the participants in the loop.
Packages start at $15,000
- Creating and customization events and agendas is amazing
- Probably offers everything that you would need or could think of
- No live helpdesk support available
- Very expensive, not an affordable option at all
While you can be excellent at managing your own schedules, planning and managing for teams can be very challenging.
Scrumie app solves all such issues with managing the work flow and coordination between teams.
Free to use in beta version, $5 per month per user
- Both free and paid version contains the same features
- Free access is limited to beta version only which means some features might not be bug free and app functioning may lack proper functioning at some points
Asana is the comfortable way to manage your projects, tasks and share team members’ individual performance and your team’s overall progress with each other.
With Asana, all the tasks, projects, team members, goals, deadlines can be synced as a single shared space.
Free, Premium Plan at $10.99 per user per month, Business Plan at $24.99 per user per month, Customizable Enterprise Plans
- Ease of use to manage and create all task and set goals for you and your team
- Offers great advantage to collaborate with each other
- Improves efficiency and productivity
- The app experience overall might lack in developing interest of the users
Flow is a simple yet effective time management tool.
Its time management feature includes tracking progress of your projects, setting tasks and sub-tasks, a beautiful timeline view to check the entire progress of your projects, and comparing project progress with deadlines.
Basic Plan at $6 per user per month, Plus Plan at $8 per user per month, Pro Plan $10 per user per month
- Plan every project in detail
- Set priorities and deadlines to stay ahead of time
- No free version available
Any.do is a calendar based app that helps you organize everything you need to remain organized and managed in your personal routine tasks.
Free, $5.99 per month
- Easily integrates between smartphone and desktop versions
- Built-in to-do lists offer details to get you started straight away
- Easy of printing your lists in PDF file format and making prints for sticking it to your noticeboard
- Premium plan require annual payments which isn’t good if you want to try the premium features first before making any decision in the long term
13. All Hours
Tracking the performance of your employees can be difficult especially if you have a good number of employees.
With the All Hours app, keeping a detailed track of your employees monthly performance is quiet easy. The app takes care of their check in and checks out timings and attendance.
Then at the end of the month, it automatically spills out reports comprising of timesheets with payroll details , etc.
Totally customizable packages based on number of employees
- Makes employees data tracking faster and accurate
- Easy to compare payroll expenditure with productivity
- Only provides a detailed analysis on employee data and nothing else
Tyme is a simple and easy to use app that provides time tracking information related to all your projects and tasks and provides timely reminders.
$3.99 per user per month
- Simple, attractive and easy to use user interface
- Best for managing individual and team performance
- Only available for Mac OC and iOS running devices
Despite having access and using the best of the best app available to you, remember that to be better at managing your time, you need to take full responsibility on your own first.
Whatever apps you use are there to just remind, and keep a track of your performance as a separate body.
So whether you follow time management on your own or use an app for it, you are yourself solely responsible for deriving any benefits or facing the consequences from delaying your priorities.